Here is a healthy snack for you to enjoy!
1 ½ cups grated zucchini or carrots (any combination)
½ c. oil
½ c. honey (brown sugar or molasses can be substituted)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ c. whole wheat flour
½ t. baking soda
½ t. salt
1 ½ T. cinnamon
½ c. raisins
½ t. nutmeg
½ c. chopped nuts (optional)
1) Grate carrots and zucchini.
2) Beat together oil and honey. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3) Sift dry ingredients together and add to liquid mixture.
4) Bake in greased muffin tins at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
5) Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto wire rack.
6) Wrap, label and refrigerate or freeze if not eating that day.
Tip: Measure the oil in measuring cup first, and then measure the honey. Both will pour out quickly without the honey sticking to the side of the cup.